It depends on your contracts. We have contracts that allow us to bill separately for supplies over $50. As you know, dilators adn gold probes are well over $50.
Medicare is allowing some of the drugs to be billed separately like Zofran and Glucagon. Commercial carriers USUALLY follow Medicare rules.
The real trick for me is finding good codes for the supplies. The codes the supply company gave me were discontinued in 2005.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join