Without seeing the actual notes (and wondering if this is a classroom exercise / test or homework question) ...
Day 1 - Dr Nitro has an initial hospital visit or possibly critical care (if Dr N spent at least 30 minutes providing critical care to a critically ill patient - DKA is usually critically ill). Dr Brown has a consultation (Dr N asked for his advice) - doesn't make any difference if patient is new or established.
Day 2 - they each have a subsequent visit (although you may only get paid for one of them)
Day 3 - Dr Brown has a discharge
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join