Okay, you're right....Procedure #2 makes no sense to me either.
Also, assuming that the tube was removed from the tympanic membrane (I think that's what the surgeon is saying), I would use 69424 (if removed from the auditory canal, I would use 69200, 69205). If not clear in the OP report, I
question the doc.
Because, there is a procedure being done on one ear, I would not be inclined to code an exam on the other ear. I have at times used 92502.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join