1) Posterolateral fusion=22612 (L3-L4) 22614 (L4-L5)
2) You will also code the laminectomy but here's where you may want to query your physician. In my mind you have a couple of choices...63047 or 63267 since it appears that the synovial cyst is outside the dura. The actual work of a synovial cyst excision is similar to that of 63030 and 63047. My neurosurgeons have peformed similar procedures and opted for 63267 since the RVU's truly reflected the work that was perfomed. I wouldn't code for the 63267 in addition to 63047/63030.
Does that help at all?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join