I'm curious, what makes you think shared visits don't exist in the office setting?
a shared visit means the encounter with the patient is "shared" between the physician and a non-physician practitioner. (this can be NP, PA, CNS or CNM), documentation must reflect "shared" services.
an example of shared visit would be:
1) The NPP takes the comprehensive history for a new patient in the office and the physician completes the exam. Together they do medical decision making. <--that's a shared visit and documentation should reflect it.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join