I need an icd-9 code for "insulin resistance". The doctor did not mention dysmetabolic syndrome x so I dont think that 277.7 would be appropriate. Patient has a history of gestational diabetes in past. No lab work on file yet so I cannot code abnormal lab work findings. I am assuming he is basing his dx on the HPI symptoms of brain fog and mood swings. Help. I think I saw an article on this recently, but I cant find it.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join