I am wondering how he comes up with insulin resistance based on brain for and mood swings! There is either something he is not documenting or he is giving this as a rule out, I think you have to code the sysmptoms or ask for more documentation. I read an article once that described type 2 diabetes as an insulin resistant disease process, among other things. Maybe query the physician to see if this is the direction he is going, then maybe you can code for screening if he ordered any tests. Thats all I cam come up with.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join