Wow...I did Ob/Gyn coding for years and never heard of a cesarean assist. I think I would go to your 3rd-party payers and see if they even cover an assist. Ask about the different levels using different modifiers. (minimal assist etc.) If not, it looks as if you code for the services rendered. If that means only coding the antepartum and postpartum services that's what you do. C-sections are "easy" and I'm guessing most insurance companies won't pay for them because surgical techs and OR nurses might be considered appropriate assists in this case. Good luck.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join