The surgeon terms it Lumpectomy with sentinel node sampling reconstructed with lateral advancement flaps. My question is on the lateral advancement flaps closure. It is taking breast tissue itself from below and then closure with sutures. Is this just included? There is no code in the repair/reconstruction in cpt that matches this, so I am thinking this is just considered part of the whole operation and not separately coded? Help, please, thank you!
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join