it depends...why is the child coming in? is it for the "check up" and vaccinations or are they coming in because of a a problem, (sore throat, ear pain, etc),...and, oh - while here they'll get their vaccinations updated...????
it could be either/or - depends on the intent of the visit and supporting documentation.
if it's for vaccinations only - and they only see the nurse for a shot, and it's planned, they know their coming in and for what shots they'll be getting - that's all we code is the "shot and admin".. no office visit.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join