AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Anyone get paid for 99441 (Telephone)

Cool Anyone get paid for 99441 (Telephone)

AAPC: Back to School
    OK. One of my docs is talking to someone and tells my doc that she can get paid for the time that she spends on the phone. Medicare does not have a fee schedule for code 99441. Medicare is our biggest payer. Has anyone ever got code 99441 (telephone services) paid by any insurance company?

Columbia, MO

I have known this to be true in some locales, even by Medicare in areas. I will guarantee that if you do not bill for it you will not be reimbursed I also know some assess a copay, and even better several will pay for the online 99444!

Similar Threads

1. Telephone Services 99441
    By iovine in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2014, 03:35 PM
  2. 99441
    By Lynda Wetter in forum E/M
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 10:31 AM
  3. Code 99441
    By mitzfritz215 in forum Medical Coding General Discussion
    Replies: 2