I am not sure what is meant by "three day payment window". The insurance company may be holding the claim for 3 days before processing? I would call and ask what it means.
As far as billing the myocardioal bx and heart cath, it appears you are billing these two codes correctly: 93501-26, 93505-2659 and per the Medicare LCD V42.1 is a valid and billable dx; however per the ICD-9 V42.1 is considered a 2ndary dx. Depending on your Medicare carrier, you may need to bill with a primary dx and V42.1 as 2ndary.
good luck and hope this has helped.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join