01996 is for follow-up mgmt of catheter placement (62318-62319 & any other epidural or subarachnoid drug administration), you have to code (62318-62319, etc) 1st to be able to code 01996 for F/U pain mgmt starting the day after the initial placement of the catheter.
shold look like this:
62318-59 (use mod-59 if proc done for post-op pain mgmt on the same day of surgery)
01996 for catheter mgmt for subsequent days
this means that 01996 cannot be used alone for f/u, there has to be a catheter placed before.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join