And it's actually been that way in Missouri for several years. We have been over-riding all of our assistant charges to TOS 8 and getting paid properly for at least 5 years, but maybe that was just a carrier specific thing up until now. We use Medical Manager software and over-ride the type of service at the line item whenever we us modifier 80 or AS. If you can't do that, look at the file that holds your procedure codes and add codes for all your assistant surgery procedures using type of service 8. - Barbara
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join