diagnostic angiography with interventional procedure if:
- 1. No previous catheter-based angiogram is accessible and a complete diagnostic procedure is performed and the decision to proceed with an interventional procedure is based on the diagnostic service, OR
- 2. The previous diagnostic angiogram is accessible but the documentation in the medical record specifies that:
-- a. the patient's condition has changed
-- b. there is insufficient imaging of the patient's anatomy and/or disease, OR
-- c. there is a clinical change during the procedure that necessitates a new examination away from the site of the intervention
The Atherectomy codes have their own S&I's(75992-75996). Selective cath. placement is not included in the atherectomy codes.
does this help?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join