I am really unsure of your question and I think you may be confusing stages with tissue blocks. Can you provide some of the note for clarification.
17311 is for 1st STAGE, up to 5 TISSUE BLOCKS
17312 is for each additional STAGE, up to 5 TISSUE BLOCKS
17315 is for each additional BLOCK after the first 5 BLOCKS of any STAGE
So did you have 9 different stages consisting of 5 or less blocks each? then you would have
If you had 1 stage with nine blocks it would be
FYI I never use units with surgical procedures, it is not a good practice and my reimbursments have always been better than those I compare to that do use units.
I hope this helps!
Debra Mitchell, MSPH, CPC-H
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join