Billing Ticket

Default Billing Ticket
    Medical Coding Books
    Does anyone have a template for a billing ticket that is compliant with CMS? Or, would it be on the CMS' website?

I don't believe that CMS has any samples of billing tickets because this is normally something that is specialty specific. I recommend that you contact your specialty society as they normally have tools and templates for their members to utilize with the common codes used per that specialty.

As an example the American Academy of Family Physicians has one on their website that can be accessed. Follow this link http://www.aafp.org/online/en/home/p...pmtoolbox.html and it is labeled FPM Superbill.
    Angela Jordan, CPC, COBGC, AAPC Fellow
    Senior Managing Consultant
    Medical Revenue Solutions, LLC
    AAPC National Advisory Board - Southwest
    AAPCCA BOD Chair 2012-2013
    angela@medicalrevenuesolutions.com

Default Billing Ticket
    Quote Originally Posted by amjordan View Post
    I don't believe that CMS has any samples of billing tickets because this is normally something that is specialty specific. I recommend that you contact your specialty society as they normally have tools and templates for their members to utilize with the common codes used per that specialty.

As an example the American Academy of Family Physicians has one on their website that can be accessed. Follow this link http://www.aafp.org/online/en/home/p...pmtoolbox.html and it is labeled FPM Superbill.
    Thanks Angela.

It's just that one of the coordinators that I audit, ask me to look over her physician's billing ticket to see if it's compliant. It doesn't look like it, I wanted to send her something to help her make it complaint. For example: Under Admits he has listed 1 2 3 for the levels (as we know) but being that she's a newbie, this doesn't sit well with her.

Thanks,
    Karen