Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

96372 x2

Default 96372 x2
    Exam Training Packages
    What is the rule of thumb for the injection administration, 96372? If a patient was given 2 injections of J1100 and J1885; would I bill 96372 w/2 units, two separate charges of 96372 with a 59 modifier, or just one charge for 96372?

Thanks
    Sincerely,

Kristie Stokes, CPC, CPMA, CCS, CMDP, ICDCT-CM

AAPCCA Board of Directors 2014-2017
    Region 1 - Northeast
    Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine they see all day.

Our edit system does not let us post it twice it will hit edit for duplicate charge. We code as 96372x2 .59

We have encountered this in our office and bill the following:

96372-59

I hope this helps!

Teresa Collins, CPC

So I don't use 2 units - I post it twice with a 59 modifier on the second one? Sorry for being confused
    Sincerely,

Region 1 - Northeast
    Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine they see all day.

Quote Originally Posted by dkstokes View Post
    So I don't use 2 units - I post it twice with a 59 modifier on the second one? Sorry for being confused
    Funny thing, I use two units one of the other offices will use 96372 on two lines... we both get paid. Go figure!
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

I'm guessing it's the payer discretion? For some reason I've gotten myself so confused on this today.... I think I have short timers with my upcoming vacation
    Sincerely,

Region 1 - Northeast

7. Smile
    Hi,

If more than one injection billed on same day we can use 59 modifier with second admind code.What about the office visit billed along with injection and admin? Kindly clarify on this.How do we bill for the below scenario.Kindly clarify on this.

99213,J1040,J3420

Thanks
    vallikumaran,CPC

If the documentation supports that the pt was seen for a significant and separately identifiable encounter then I would do
    99213 25
    96372 59
    J1040
    J3420
    I do not use units because you did not give 2 units of an injection you gave 2 distinct and separate injuections at 2 separate injection sites.

9. Default
    So even if you have 3 injections you would still use mod 59 for other 2 admi ?
    In our office we were told you can only bill it once for admin, even if there were more than one injection.

MsMaddy CPC

I each inject was separate yes you bill for all of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast