HELP ME PLEASE, SOMEONE!!!!
My doc did a condylectomy of pt's 2nd toe; proximal phalanx. The op report states "...The distal aspect of the proximal phalanx condyle was directly exposed and a condylectomy perfored using a bone cutting rongeur."
I have been all over the CPT book, looking for the last hour w/our head coder here, and we can't find a code! The closest we come is 28288 (which is what the dr used) but that's for the metatarsal head. Not the prox phalanx. Then there's 28153, but that's for the DISTAL phalanx...not proximal.
Can anyone help???
I'm becoming a little frazzled!!
Liza Baccari, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join