I would use 28153 because in the coders desk reference the description says: The physician resects the condyle of the distal end of the phalanx, amputating the toe. The physician makes a curvilinear incision to fashion "fish-mouth" skin flaps side-to -side or dorsally to plantarly. The amputation can be done as a disarticulation or by resecting through the bone. If the head of the toe is disarticulated, the capsular ligaments are severed and the distal phalanx is removed. The capsule is approximated with sutures. If the bone is resected, a power saw is used to transect the proximal phalanx. A drain may be used. The skin flaps are approximated with sutures and a compression dressing is applied.
I would use 28153.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join