I came across an article or some type of info for coding conscious sedation just last week and can't remember where. Is there anyone who can give me the "rules" for what counts as "requires sedation" and what counts as coding for conscious sedation. I have a joint relocation done in the ER and they used conscious sed and I can't remember if I can use code 26355 or if I go with code 23650 (without anesthesia). I want to say that if the anesthesiologist doesn't come than it doesn't count as a "requried sedation" code. Typical Monday for me I guess..lol. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join