Leslie, I don't know if this will help but in the back of my Cpt book under addendums is a list of CPT procedures that will tell you if you can use an additional conscious sedation (cs) code. If the procedure code is listed in this addendum you can't list the cs code for payment. This only applies if the cs is administered by the same physician who is doing the procedure.
How I figured out the various levels of anesthesia was by "googling". I found a website that clearly explained the different levels and was by a specialist in anesthesia. Good luck and keep asking questions.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join