Hello Radiology Coders! I hope someone can help me with this problem. Our radiologist just started doing mri brain, mra brain and also mrv brain same date of service for persistent headaches. Do I understand correctly that cpt 70544 (mra brainw/o) would be used for both the mra and the mrv brain. The mri brain with and wo contrast 70553 was done first on same date of service. I have separate reports for all three tests. Can we bill cpt 70544 twice with a 59 modifier on the mrv or is that unbundling? Has anybody had any experience with billing the mrv brain along with mra brain and can direct me to the correct way to bill this? Is there documentation out there than supports how to bill this?
Any and all help would be appreciated!
Claudia K, CPC
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join