To be a consult you need a request for opinion, based on your statement that one doc "referrs" to another doc in the group that leads me to believe it is not a request for opinion.
Why are they sending them to another member of the group? Do they intend to get the patient back or do they just not handle the issue?
You may have some that are consults but I would imagine a lot are going to be transfers of care. Unfortunately there is no clear cut answer, they will have to be evaulated on a case by case basis.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join