The description for the 73 states the patient must be in the room where the procedure is to be performed when the decision to discontinue is made use the 73 if anesthesia has not been administered and 74 if it has, also you will need to use as a secondary dx code a code from the V64 catergory. Your documentation will be an op/procedure note dictating the need to discontinue and the location of the decision. If the patient was not already in the OR room, then you may not report the procedure discontinued.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join