Is there going to be anesthesia used for this procedure? If so, then the code looks right to me. If no anesthesia, I would look at 97140 or the OMT/CMT codes. Would you not consider using the OMT or CMT codes? The CMT codes include a pre-manipulation patient assessment. Although, CMT is for joint manipulation and OMT is for somatic dysfunctions, but I only suggest it because your description only stated manipulation, not what type. I may be way off, but hopefully this helps a little.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join