I think this case would be 33860 and 33405. In 33863, the aortic root is replaced, in this case, it sounds like the surgeon just debrided the area prior to placing the new aortic valve.
When the root has been replaced, my surgeon usually states that the "new aortic valve is placed into a Vascutek graft and sewn in place...". The note below state the AV was just sewn into the annulus.
Feel free to email me directly if you want.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join