30140-50-52 (if the elmed does cautery) or 30802 if the elmed does radiofrequency, i am unsure what function elmed does, I have never heard of it. Doctor should do a better job of documenting the bilateral nature the turbinate reduction (it is reduction if elmed is cautery, reduction is outfracture and then cautery, it is radiofrequency, thus shrinkage, ablation, etc if elmed is radiofrequency).
It may be difficult getting the rhinoplasty portion paid, the payer may try and claim that this is a cosmetic procedure. Do you have pictures to show how the acquired deformity is causing obstruction, do you have proof of how she acquired the deformity? Did you get precertification for the septorhino? You may have to fight for the septorhino, particularly the rhino portion and possibly even the septo portion, so be ready with proof of medical necessity and benefits. Pictures really help!
Barbara J. Cobuzzi, CPC, CENTC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join