Can anyone tell me the difference between spondylosis and degenerative disc disease?
I have two different examples:
1. The report states, "multi level degenerative changes of the intervertebral discs of the lumbar spine".
2. This report states, "degenerative disc and endplate changes".
If I look up degenerative, then disc, then intervertebral, then lumbar for example the code is 722.52.
However, if I look up change, then degenerative then spine it leads me to a spondylosis code.
The 722.52 sounds like a better match for "degenerative changes of the intervertebral disc" to me, but my boss is telling me that code is incorrect and I should use the 721.3 spondylosis code.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join