Was it one of your providers who discharged the patient? Is the visit unrelated to the hospital stay? Is the patient a resident of a nursing home? All of these will impact what you can bill for the OV and procedures to Part B. If your providers discharged and these services are not related to the discharge, I would use modifier -24. If the patient is a nursing home resident you can only bill the professional component for radiology to Part B, the technical component would be billed to the nursing home.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join