Not sure what to do with this one. Pt presented for stereotactic breat bx. Pt was placed on the table, breast suspended through the aperture. Multiple attempts were made to localize the abnomality. The pt has very small volume of breast tissue and the localizing coordinates were not suitable for stereotactic bx. The Dr insist there is a code for a aborted procedure. Should I use the modifier 53? If so on which code? 19103? the 19295 is a add on code should i use that also?
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join