Deleted Codes

Question Deleted Codes
    Medical Coding Books
    Potential Problem

Has anyone received denials from MCR for 99241-99245?

Called MCR and they are stating that pretty much all E/M codes have been deleted!!!!!!!!

Help!

2. Default Cpc
    I Was Not Aware This Change, But The Answer To Your Question Is No. No Denials On These Codes, Thus Far. I Will Do Some Research And Get Back To You.

Teresa T, Cpc

3. Default
    I will check on any rejections for cpt code's 99241- 99245, but they are listed in the 2008 cpt book, how could Medicare just decide these codes are deleted! I have not heard anything on this!

Thank you for the helpful tip

4. Default Cpc
    IN RESPONSE TO EARLIER COMMENT, I HAVE GONE ON THE TRAILBLAZER WEBSITE AND ACCORDING TO THE MEDICARE FEE SCHEDULE THESE CODES ARE STILL ACTIVE FOR 2008. THESE E/M CODES ARE ALSO LISTED IN THE AMA CPT GUIDELINES BOOK. I AM UNSURE AS TO WHY SOMEONE FROM MEDICARE WOULD HAVE STATED THIS INFORMATION TO YOU. WHAT TYPE OF DENIAL DID YOU RECEIVE?
    TERESA,CPC

We have not received any denials either. I would call medicare back again. It sounds like the person that you talked to gave you some incorrect information.

Melissa Blow, CPC

Similar Threads

1. Deleted G codes (G8407)
    By TCarrasco in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 01:55 PM
  2. 92891 and 92892 - Deleted Codes??
    By codquist in forum Behavioral Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 05:45 PM
  3. Cross Over for Deleted J Codes
    By janet beasy in forum Family Practice