My surgeon is about to remove a lipoma from a Medicare patient. I have a list from Derm Coding Consult of Medicare-covered dx codes for skin lesions, and 214.1 (lipoma) is not on the list.(But viral warts is????) Given that the lipoma is painful and symptomatic, is there a way to code it so that Medicare will cover? 759.39 (other anomalies of the skin) is on the list, but I think it would be wrong to use the broader, unspecified code when there actually is a specific lipoma code.
Help? Ideas? Thoughts?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join