96103 seems most appropriate.
However, this situation begs the question, with supervision of the child required, can we use that time in our total time and report 96101?
My primary problem with reporting 96101 is that the "intent" of the code is to capture exams that require administration--as opposed to those computer-based. CPT Assistant seems to touch on this briefly in the November, 2006 issue. Based on language from it and the fact that your provider did not interact beyond the basic "practice test", I'd say the safe bet is 96103.
I hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join