look at 51705 and 51710
Surgery: Urinary System
Question:Is code 51705 the correct code to report for change of a suprapubic catheter?
Answer:Yes. Code 51705, Change of cystostomy tube; simple, may be reported to describe the removal of an existing suprapubic cystostomy tube with reinsertion of a new tube through the established cystostomy tunnel from the abdominal wall to the bladder. Code 51710, Change of cystostomy tube; complicated, may also be reported if the removal and replacement of the suprapubic tube involves a more complex encounter. Code 51102, Aspiration of bladder; with insertion of suprapubic catheter, involves performance of a stab wound on the lower abdomen (approximately 1 cm) above the pubis. A trocar suprapubic tube is inserted into the bladder. The balloon is inflated and the tube sutured into place. This code should be reported for the initial insertion of the suprapubic catheter when performed as described.
- ICD-10 Training
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join