2nd scenerio if the pt was seen for the hospice dx and your doc is the attending doc on record with hospice, hospice should be paying for this service, you may have to call the hospice and talk with the appropriate source.
Our docs see alot of pt 's that go on hospice but our docs are not the attending on file with the hospice so the majority of our claims get paid thru medicare and we have no problems as long as we are using our modifiers correctly, a few years ago that wasn' the case but it's going pretty good now.
Hope this helps,
R. Thames, CPC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join