You are billing for the ASC?
23700 50 1 unit
25259 LT 1unit
23700 RT 1 unit
23700 LT 1 unit
25259 LT 1 unit
The ASC does not use 51 modifier, the 50 modifier still uses only 1 unit, you do not need a 59 for the 25259 as the code descriptor already distinguishes these as distinct and separate procedures ( you would not go thru the wrist to work on the shoulder), and you would not need a 59 if you double line list the shoulder as the RT and LT make the separate distinction for you.
Debra Mitchell MSPH, CPC-H
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join