We were not charging for them if it was done in the office. If it was done in the OR then we use the 78 modifier. The 24 modifier is for unrelated e&m. A post op infection is related to the procedure and should not be used in this case. The 2008 cpt book has changed the working of modifier 78 to include procedure room. I am not sure what criteria has to be met in order for you to consider the room a procedure room. I am still checking into that.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join