Yes, if the phsyician performed hysterosalpingography (HSG) both CPT codes
58340 & 74740 would be reported.
CPT 58340 only includes the catheterization and intro. of saline/contrast while 74740 captures the radiological supervision & interpretation related to the HSG.
Both the surgical component & the S&I have notes that point towards the other component of the procedure...
58340 Catheterization and introduction of saline....
(For radiological S&I of HSG, use 74740)
74740 Hysterosalpingography, radiological S&I...
(For intro. of saline/contrast for HSG, see 58340)
There are CPT Assistants that address the components of HSG.
Hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join