We have several cardiologists in our practice and one EP, so of course many patients are referred to the EP. It is acceptable for the EP to add:
"medical/surgical history, family history, social history and review of systems reviewed as per Dr A's (Cardiologist's name) Consultation done on (insert date here)
Q:How much of the EP Physician's Consultation note has to be redundant to the Cardiologist's Consultation note/letter that was just done?
A: this depends on medical necessity, how serious is the patient's condition, is it necessary for the EP to do a detailed exam and 10 pt ROS (required for level 4 consult) to render his/her opinion and plan of treatment? also need to consider MDM...
I hope this has helped. When you hear back from the auditor will you share their feedback?
have a good day!
Dolores, CPC CCC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join