Assuming your documentation included the required pieces for 3110F, then you seem to be correct in the assignment of your PQRI codes. 3112F used if more than 24 hours after arrival. In the absence of proof for the timeline, this would be the logical choice.
The guidelines don't indicate where the timeline has to be documented - so if you can establish a timeline from the admission forms to prove it was within 24 hours, then you would change to the 3111F.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join