Sorry has been a while since I actually had to "code" code. One of our billing specialists has come to me a peds question:
"...included cpt 99392 in with 99212, I had appealed this as there was enough evidence to support both charges. They are still denying this cpt as the documents do not support this service because it indicates a problem visit. Any idea why?"
I was figuring the 99392 should've been billed & no need to address the problem-focused visit 99212 since it was addressed during the preventative.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join