How did the Dr place the capsule?
Device used to place capsule: On occassion our physician has used a Roth Net – a butterfly net, similar to one used to ensnare polyps – to place the capsule endoscopy to aid those patients who have difficulty passing the device into the colon. Report code 91110 and code 43235 (upper GI endoscopy, diagnostic) if a device (eg, Roth Net) is used to place the capsule endoscopically.
Few payers pay anything extra for the Roth Net itself (GCPS 12/03). To code Roth Net you would have to use 99070 and probably send a separate explanation of what it was used for – invoice if necessary for a commercial carrier.
Additional coding info/billing guide and U.S. Endoscopy does not provide reimbursement information for the Roth Net. (See Given’s guide at: http://www.givenimaging.com/Cultures...Reimbursement/ and visit U.S. Endoscopy, based in Mentor , Ohio , at http://www.usendoscopy.com/rothnet.html.
Hope this helps!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join