Per CPT Assistant.......
Subject Respiratory System, 30930 (Q&A)
Source CPT Assistant
Publication July 2001 / Volume 11, Issue 07
Effective Date Jul 1, 2001
Publish Date Jul 1, 2001
July 2001 page 11
Respiratory System, 30930 (Q&A)
If therapeutic fracture of turbinates is performed bilaterally, should modifier -50, Bilateral Procedure, be appended to code 30930, Fracture nasal turbinate(s), therapeutic, or is code 30930 inherently bilateral?
From a coding perspective, code 30930 is a unilateral code. Therefore, if therapeutic fracture of nasal turbinates is performed bilaterally, modifier -50 should be appended.
Our local BCBS carrier requires units of 2 when billing with modifier 50. If this is not an issue, I would definitely appeal with the CPT Assistant statement.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join