Are you performing the laboratory service in your office for the test?
See the attached article
A fecal-occult blood test may be billed independent of an office visit. For example, a patient presents for an office visit and is given a sample collection card to take home on June 1; that same day, a claim for the office visit is filed. On June 4, the completed card is returned and the test is done. It would be appropriate to submit a separate claim on June 4 for just the fecal-occult blood test.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join