I actually just read this in my E/M study guide. It lits code 99000 - Handling and/or conveyance of specimen for transfer from the physician's office to a laboratory. It's listed under the Medicine section - Misc Services. Now I have not researched reimbursment issues yet so I'm not sure if it is routinely covered by insurances. If anyone has some insight on that I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join