Accepting your assumption that patient is critically ill and care provided is critical care, and time is documented ...
If coding for the physicians involved:
ER doc: 99291 (if CPR and intubation performed then code those as well and put a -25 mod on the 99291 ... critical care time has to be EXCLUSIVE of procedures)
Trauma surgeon: 99291 (with possible a -57 modifier if decision for surgery was made)
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join