If this is just a single AP view of the knee, you should be using 73560. Is this an infant? If so, you could then use 73592. If I run into a situation of an adult needing an x-ray of the "lower extremity", I tend to use 73550 for the femur. There isn't a particular code for an adult to x-ray the ENTIRE lower extremity. I would also look a the script. You may need to bill multiple codes for what needed to be viewed.
Hope that helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join