What the billers in my company does is send out an appeal stating why you first billed the codes used (such as the reasoning). Then describe that the panel is the best option to choose, Medicare is super fussy with EVERYTHING so first I would call someone. If Medicare paid 2 out of 3 procedures billed see if you can refund the money and then rebill with the new code. You probably will have to send out doctors notes with your appeal letter because they must know you have reason behind the code change.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join