Starting a Consulting Business

Default Starting a Consulting Business
    Medical Coding Books
    Hello Members,

I am seeking advice on starting a consulting business. My consulting would be mostly in coding, auditing, compliance and charge capture. Any suggestions on how to get started are appreciated. I need tips on:

developing a plan and marketing
    finding clients
    charging fees
    possible software to use

Thanks a bunch.

Thumbs up Consulting Company
    I am in the same boat you are in. I would like some guidance as well. I have decided to market to most anywhere I can drive (not a big fan of flying)... My biggest challenge is there are two Big hospital chains in my area. One of which already bills for a lot of phys offices in the area. I am still hoping and praying this will work out. I do have a full time job I love, but I want to spend as much time as I can with my child. They grow so fast!! If you don't mind to pass along any info you receive I will do the same.

Good luck!! And God Bless your business!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmith View Post
    Hello Members,

I am seeking advice on starting a consulting business. My consulting would be mostly in coding, auditing, compliance and charge capture. Any suggestions on how to get started are appreciated. I need tips on:

developing a plan and marketing
    finding clients
    charging fees
    possible software to use

Thanks a bunch.

Me too. Though I would be more interested in starting my own coding firm....

any suggestions would be great

Aloha, I don't mean to get you down but remote coding is super competitive. You'll be competing against the local billing services, the big national coding firms and the ever-growing number of offshore companies.
    I'd play up the advantages of staying local, make sure your fees are competitive, and to get your foot "in the door" I'd definitely offer a free coding review (audit) to potential clients. I'm a full-time contractor so let me know if you have any specific questions.

RM