integumentary or musculoskeletal

Default integumentary or musculoskeletal
    Medical Coding Books
    Patient had an excision of 3 cm benign lesion of buttock, with intermediate layered repair. An elliptical incision including the entire lesion was made with a skin knife. Cautery was used, and the lesion was excised down to the fascia of buttock. DO I code integumentary with a intermediate clousure or do i go into musculosketal since it was to the fascia. , ALSO are there any websites I can go to to help me with similar cases .THANKS
    Last edited by codedog; 06-19-2009 at 08:28 AM.

Default Clarification needed
    I tell my doctors that if they are to code from musculoskeletal section they have to have gone into the fascia (or lower) ... not down to the fascia.

It's a very small distinction but you need for the documentation to be clear.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

Quote Originally Posted by FTessaBartels View Post
    I tell my doctors that if they are to code from musculoskeletal section they have to have gone into the fascia (or lower) ... not down to the fascia.

It's a very small distinction but you need for the documentation to be clear.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
    Great point!!! I'm jotting this one down in my "notes".

Thanks Tessa,
    Roxanne Thames CPC, CPC-I, CEMC
    rthamescpci@gmail.com

"Remember the greatest gift is not found in the store but in the heart of true friends"

Default Actual operative report
    DIAGNOSIS : CystiC Lesion, rt buttock 2.5 cm
    Operation : Excision of cyst lesion , rt buttock, with intermediiate layer repair, 2.55 cm

Procedure:
    After induction with general endotracheal anesthesia, ther patient was placed in prone postion. The right buttock was prepped and draped in usual fasion. The area infiltrated with a combination of 1% lidocaine and 0.25% marcaine

An ellipticalm incision was made with a skin knife. Using cautery, the lesion was incised., the lesion was noted to extend down to the anterior fascia of buttock. Oncw it was removed, intermediate layered repair was performed with 3-0 monocryl suture in deep subcutaneous, 3-0 monocryl in superficial subcutaneous, and a running 4-0 monocryl of skin. Sterile dressings were placed.
    any suggestions

SO this case would be integumentary?