I cannot find anything to specifically refute your nrs mgr's claim. I ran J7030 through encoderpro with a few different chemo drugs and no cci edits were applied. HOWEVER, the description encoderpro gives for J7030 specifically states saline is used to treat dehydration. I am inclined to go with you that it is included in the chemotherapy charge. Although I don't see payments from insurance companies in my current position, when I did, we were only reimbursed about $5 on saline when we were reimbursed. You could do a trial and bill it out and see what you get back, but I sincerely doubt it would be worth the labor costs to do so.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join