I didn't think this was the case, but here is a "Lay Description and Notes" I found on my Encoder Pro from Ingenix:
Postpartum care includes hospital and office visits following vaginal or cesarean section delivery. INCLUDES: physician providing all or a portion of antepartum/postpartum care, but no delivery due to
- referral to another physician for delivery
- termination of pregnancy by abortion
EXCLUDES: antepartum care, 1-3 visits (99201-99499)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join